Monday, September 22, 2014

September 22, 2014

I had the priveledge of going back to my last area after almost 5 months to be a part of the baptism of the rest of the family that I found and taught almost 9 months ago. there is a picture of all that were baptized on saturday, and another picture of the rest of the family. Also, the one with me and the girl is Crease Frattoni. She is the wife of a family that we found and is now the counselor of the young women!!! I was sooo happy to see everyone there. 

It was such an amazing feeling going back and seeing the progress that they have all made. We had a zone conference this last week with President Robertson and he mentioned a ton about how the progress and success that we have in the mission, will not necessarrily be seen right now, or even weeks from now, but 10, 15, 30 years from now. I just imagine the few people that I have been able to help and how they now are strong in the gospel and helping other people to know the gospel. That is Success! 

Gonzalo who was baptized a few weeks ago was able to come with us to get to know some of my other converts. He is 22 and now getting ready for the misison. Eva. Who is my favorite miracle that we found in my last area trying to find out where to buy fruit and she happened to be working....the rest is history and she is now a ward missionary and secretary of the young women :) She is also getting ready for the mission.

It was a fun week to be able to look back and realize (even though these last couple weeks have been hard) that I have been able to help a lot of people and that anytime you ever get down...you just gotta focus on what you HAVE been able to do, and not so much what you AREN`T able to do. 

In Church on Sunday, our stake president and bishop both spoke and they gave great talks. One about not fearing the changes and having a positive attitude towards living the gospel. And the other about how the most important thing that we can do is develop a testimony. And that testiomy comes throught 4 constant things. Prayer, Scripture STUDY (not just reading but study), Attending church meetings (all 3 hours), and serving (magnifying your calling). It was a great talk and it helped me a lot.

Anyway, I hope that you all are doing just great in your different parts of the world. I want to invite you all like my Stake president here in Argentina to do those 4 things and both feel and see the difference that it makes in your lives. THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment