Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24, 2014

This was a week of Faith. I have never seen more Faith in action in my whole life than what I saw this last week.
We got out of our stake conference and Matias and Jessica had their interviews. They are super excited for their wedding and baptism and the whole Ward is getting excited. Anyway, Elder Paredes (the elder that did the interview for Matias) came out and talked to me and said that of all the interviews he had done in his life, he never had felt the spirit like that one. HE said, "that kid is gonna be a general authority one day" 
I lvoe that family so much and I know that they are going to be examples in the church.
Jessica has been struggling a little bit however with the small things. Sometimes she felt tired and had no desire to read. The whole morning as we traveled to conference we talked about how faith is Acting even when you don`t see the "Why" as clearly as you would like. She said that it was just hard because she wanted to have a direct pay off. She wanted to see the chagne and blessings immediately. Basically her Faith was a little bit weaker than she wanted it to be and she went to stake conference with the question of, "how can I strengthen my Faith?"
During the conference they didn`t talk a whole lot about faith but they did talk about Missionary work and how each family and each missionary were pre-destined to find eachother and to succeed together. That helped strengthen her faith a little more. 
Then the miracle happened. We got on the train to head back to our city and as we were getting on, a blind man got on the train. I looked at her and said just imagine if you were blind...she said it is true. But then, the blind mans wife and kids got on the train as well. She was also blind. They had a 12 year old son who was literally their eyes. I told her. That, is Faith. She started to tear up when she saw the youngest kid smile and see that netiher the mother or father were able to see the precious smile of their children. 
I know that the things in life are hard, but we need to sometimes take a step back and look at how blessed we really are and let THAT be what strengthens our faith. 
I love you all and hope you are always looking for the good in life because that is what will make us stronger. 
Elder Hazlett

-- 

~Elder Hazlett

No comments:

Post a Comment