Monday, April 15, 2013

Conference was soooo Good! We got to watch 2 of the 4 sessions in the conference Center with Plaza seats! When Holland spoke, I was 7 rows away from him! One of the most powerful speakers for sure! The messages were all great. I felt like the messages were not so much about getting after people for their wrong doings, but showing compassion for everyone no matter what they have done or been through. I have been working on Charity and the messages that were spoken almost all had to do with the pure love of christ and being more like christ!

I really liked Elder Claytons (i think it was him) about marriage. I know it is far away, but a lot of the people we are workign with right now have kids but aren't married and it made me think about how important marriage really is. And not being able to play with holly and violet or hold babies has made me kind of go crazy! My companions all have lots of siblings too and because of that we talk about how we can't wait till we can hold a baby again. And then that turns into talking about us getting married. I am pretty sure that the mission just gets everyone excited for marriage too because that is the next step? Not saying I just want to get married!! I am just excited for these next two years and the opportunities I will have to become a better person and a better teacher so that eventually I can be an even better Dad!
Elder Oaks talk was way good for sure. It is so hard when we get criticiszed and stuff because we sacrifice a ton to go out of our comfort zone for 2 years to bring others the happiness we have had! It is frustrating when they don't listen or don't want to understand what it is that makes us mormons so happy. I loved how they stressed "every member a missionary" as well, because if every member would teach one person they knew then we would have SOOOOO  much work to do and that would be so awesome! I hope people take that seriously!

Yesterday I saw like my whole stake from BYU because they were singing up at temple square. And they all saw me and came running towards me. That was probably some of the pictures on facebook. I always forget my camera so I can't send pictures today. Next week hopefully! I saw Andrew, Dani, and Mary. That was nice :) I think you got a picture of that? I don't have time to write anything for the Blog today, so do you think you could write something up real quick and post it on there?

No comments:

Post a Comment