Monday, April 1, 2013


"Hola mis amigos! Estoy tan feliz de estar sirviendo aquí en Salt Lake City! I am currently serving in the Salt Lake City, Utah Mission while I wait for my Visa to Argentina! It is a pretty cool opportunity to serve in my home state as well. I have already run into a few people that I know which does make me a little homesick, but Esta todo bien! I am learning spanish fairly quickly! It is amazing how fast you can learn a language when you are using that skill to teach others.
I currently have 4 companions because 2 of us our Visa waiters. My Trainer is Elder Brown who is from Olathe Kansas! He actually knows (Taylor Wofford and Ryan Thomas) from High school in good ol' Olathe. My other Trainer is Elder Maldonado from Mexico City. He is also awesome and has helped a ton with my spanish because he is fluent obviously! Elder Potts is from Orem, UT and is also awaiting his visa like me and he is awesome! He is not afraid to talk to ANYONE! And I mean anyone. It is great! 
We have a couple investigators right now that are super awesome, and the one that has been the biggest miracle for us is Joseph. He is 17 years old and he called the missionaries wanting to go to church! Pretty Awesome right? We went and visited his family and we are starting to teach them all. They are super great and make some delicious Pan! (Bread) 
Well, I wish I could sit here and write down everything that has happened so far in my mission, but there is work to be done! Until next time!
Con Amor, 
~Elder Hazlett

No comments:

Post a Comment