Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18, 2013

MY letter to president.
I had been struggling with a couple things and Elder holland helped a lot, but I still didn´t feel really good about everything. Then I read in dyc 88 and in 2 nephi 4 and it helped me a ton! Love you momma! Hope everything is going well. Thanks for the meditation thought, it is so true :)

Dear President Carter,
Today I feel incredibly humbled knowing how incredible the Gospel really is and how perfect the lords timing is. Following a really rough week with a lot of things happening to get me down, we were able to hear from an Apostle of the Lord. His message was Motivating and Inspiring as expected, but it was also exactly what I needed. The rest of that day I was a little bit tired and still a little bit frustrated but I was able to think a lot. Think about what I wanted to change, what I thought the problems were, and whether I was willing to put forth the effort to make the changes neccesary. 
As I was reading the Sol this morning, I thought about the different  topics that you shared that we could focus on to help us and the one that definitely stuck out to me was the "Control your thoughts and Repentance" The others I have been really good at, my desires of what I want to become are goals that I know and feel are going to help me serve a sacred mission, and I have a testimony in the importance of Obedience for sure. So I am working on the control your thoughts one.
This morning I was reading in 2 nephi 4 and thinking about when nephi speaks in verses 16-35. "..my souls delighteth in the things of the lord..""...neverthleless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the lord...my heart exclaimeth: O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth be cause of mine iniquites. I am encompassed about because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me. And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted. MY God hath been my support...he hath filled me with his love even unto the consuming of my flesh.
With these scriptures and my desires set on acheiving my goal of " a sacred mission with Deep personal Conversion" I know that the fruits of my diligence and obedience and especially Faith in my Savior Jesus Christ will give me the strength to overcome Any and Every temptation that I will face during the next 14 months and the rest of my life after that.
I have rededicated and consegrated myselft so that I will be able to fulfill whatever callings I will have, but more importantly, to be able to testify of my Savior JEsus Christ in all times. I spent the last few weeks praying for humility and I was humbled, even to the point of having almost no confidence in myself, so that I really could be prepared to listen and feel the spirit when the time came. That time was this morning during my personal study when I studied 2 nephi 4 and DyC 88. God has his own schedule, but his schedule has no mistakes and no skipped appointments. He will get to us exactly when we have our "Hour". 
Thanks for everything president, I am looking forward to whatever the Lord has in store for me with both Faith and Excitement.

a few pics! MY new comp and my new area. We are in the country "campo" for those who speak spanish haha. Love ya´ll hope everyone is having success! And our latest baptism :) That is pretty much our whole branch there... haha





Elder Hazlett

No comments:

Post a Comment