Monday, February 10, 2014

February 10, 2014

What a Week!!! IT literally rained buckets here in Argentina this week. IT had rained before in my misison and I thought that it was pretty hard, but nothing at all compared to what happened this week. 
It started out with a forecast saying that it was supposed to rain on and off all week, and ended with people living in the church because their houses were destroyed from the floods. Thursday at about noon it started to rain, and didn´t stop until about noon the next day. Luckily we live on the second floor of our 2 story apartment because everything got flooded. We woke up in the morning and did our studies and got ready to go without really looking outside. Then we walked out the door at 1030 and I was thinking to myself, "I wonder if I will be able to keep my feet dry today?" Not even CLOSE! We spent the whole morning pushing cars that were flooded to dryer ground so that they could wait out the flood. The people were all inside their stores with water up their legs and we were out in the streets with water past our waists. At one point I was walking in front of my companion and a walked into a ditch and the water went up to my neck. IT was pretty crazy. We spent the whole day just helping people out and visiting families that were struggling with the floods. We had a lot of lessons fall through, but we knew that we would get blessed for the service that we were doing. 
The next day wasn´t a lot better, there was still a ton of water, lots of people struggling so we wnt out and got to work.
Sunday came around and we were thinking that no one was going to come to church because of the rain, but as we waited outside the front door we kept seeing more and more people just walking to church. We had 6 of our investigators come which was a miracle because we weren´t even able to visit them over the last 2 days. And last sunday it only rained a little bit and we only had 1 person that came. There were more dogs on the church grounds than there were people just about.
IT was a great week for learning. I learned a lot about the power of service. The power of Prayer, and the sacred power and responsibility that we have as Christs Disciples. We have the authority and the rosponsibilty of helping those in need. The service that we do is much more than just preaching the word of God to all the world. It is Spreading the Love of God to all Mankind. I have seen miracles as I have been able to Love the people here and Serve them as best I can.
I love the misison. IT is so hard, and some days I just feel like I can´t do anything, but I know that those are the times when ther is someone that needs you. Someone that is waiting for you to change their life. That is what keeps me going. Knowing that I am the person that is going to find and help that person in their time of need.
I lvoe you all and hope you are all loving and enjoying your misisons! Work Hard and God will repay you with every blessing that you need!
With love from Argentina,


~Elder Hazlett

I did remember your birthday and I have it marked on my calender, I jsut spaced saying anything about it. That makes me so happy knowing that Tina Burgess is happy again. How is Colby doing? And Kory and Jake? Are they making any progress? I want to do missionary work back in moab too. I feel like I could help them so much knowing now what I know,  and seeing what I have seen. Tell them hi for me next time you see them and tell em to shoot me an e-mail. or get me their e-mails or something?
I hear the fanny pack hasn´t come in yet. Just send it when you can. I´ll still get it fairly fast. there was a problem in the mail system here and that is why it took so long to get my last package. I was thinking about it and EmergenC would be great in the next package because it will be fall here soon and then winter. What else? ummm....that baptism sounded pretty weird, I am surprised kim couldn´t change her mind? She must be a lot less stubborn now or something? How is she doing?
I miss wicked. The music rules here a SUPER Strict so we can´t listen to anything but MOTAB. Which is good except for a few things that are super inspiring and uplifting. Like defying gravity or I can go the Distance from Hercules.
Oh, my last mission president from salt lake called my president here the other day...President carter called me and said they had a nice chat....I was like oh no...what did I do?? I wasn´t that bad was I? haha but then he told me that he called because he was curious to see how I was doing and where I was at in my misison because he knew I was gonna do great things. I don´t think there is anything much more motivating than something like that :) 
I got a new comp though. And my district kind of was struggling so there were some huge changes and now I am the only one in my district that is the same. Anyway, I am out of time, but I love you and am excited to here from you next week! Keep on being the best mom ever! 
Elder Hazlett :)

P.S...this thursday is my 1 Year mark. Aren´t you proud that I made it this long? ;) haha love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment