Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014

This week was probably the most Fast-paced, jam-packed, excitement-filled, week of my mission. In my district, we lost two missionaries and their area became ours as well. WE are working in the biggest area in the entire mission and it is crazy! We take 2 buses (almost 1 and 1/2 hours) to get from one end to the other. But we can´t just work in one side because here in another week we are going to get 2 new Elders. My companion right now (Elder Escobar from Chile) will open the other area with a new comp and I will continue in mine. So we are working every other day in each area. IT has been a faith Testing and incredible experience. As we have relied more and more on the Lord, we have seen the miracles.

This week, we found 15 new people to teach. Of those fifteen, 12 accepted to be baptiazed. 2 families live in 1 area, and the other family lives in my area. Preparing those familes for baptism has been an incredible experience because we have seen changes just in these early stages.

Last wednesday, we went to have a lesson with a lasy named Rosa. We had her scheduled in our agenda and everything. We get to her house, and she is not there. So, we trust in the Lord knowing that someone is there waiting for us. We looked around for a second and felt like we should contact the house across the street. We talked to her for a second and asked her her name, she replied, "Rosa" We thought to ourselves, How amazing of a miracle. We scheduled Rosa and found a different Rosa.
Later on that week. On saturday, we went to talk to Rosa. We went to her house and asked for Rosa. A man went in and then out came a younger lady and asked us what we needed. We said that we came to talk to her and that we had something that was going to help her in her life! (we had no idea who she was, but the Gospel is for everyone). She let us in and we sat down and had a lesson. We were able to figure out exactly what she needed and how she was going to be able to acheive that. Her name just so happend to be Rosanna and everyone calls her rosa. God has a sense of humor that is for sure. Their family came to church yesterda and we had a great Gospel Principles class about prayer. 
Also, saturday night, we were walking down the street heading home and my companion said STOP. We need to go knock on this door. We stopped and went back to knock on the door and out came a younger lady and asked what we needed. We just told her that we felt that we needed to knock on her door and see if she needed anything. She is a young single mom that recently lost her job and has a mentally challenged son. We invited them to church the next day and told them that it would change their lives. The next morning, as we were waiting outside of the church for investigators, there they were on their bikes riding up to the church with smiles on their faces.
Later, we were still waiting for another family and I saw a lady walking down the sidewalk. I was helping my companion because he wanted to learn how to do a better contact. I told him that the best way to do a contact is with a Giant Smile, and a Promise that their day will be better. She was coming from the hospital where recently her daughter had had her baby. She was tired and just wanted to go home and sleep, but with a smile on my face and a promise from the heart, she accepted the invitation to come to church. After, I talked to her and it turns out that they are a family of 10!!! She said that she wants us to pass by and talk to her whole family and that they were going to come to church next sunday.

Those were only a few of the miracles that we had that helped this week be a great week. It was the first week of the second half of my mission and although there were difficult moments, the end result was a definite success!

I learned that success doesn´t always come in the exact moment that we are waiting for it, but with faith and diligence, matched by obedience..We WILL see the success that we are wanting.

I lvoe you guys and hope you are working hard with your goals for success, knowing that God will make it happen! :)


~Elder Hazlett

hey momma!
I was eating lunch with that family yesterday and she didn´t know how to send it from her phone so I just put in your email haha. I figured if it did get to you it would be a nice surprise :)
I was wondering if you could order me a rubix cube from amazon and send it to me. It is one of the Best teaching tools ever but the one I got here it about 1 more time away from breaking. 
Also there is this thing called "the Dazer" it is an electric dog whistle thing that keeps the dogs away. One elder lent me his because he was in an are without a lot of dogs and it saved my life. The dogs here try to eat us sometimes..

It is crazy to think about that. I don´t really get homesick because I love the people here, but I am excited to see everyone again. One of my best buddies here in the mission just went home last week and he wrote me today and said that his life is boring now...so I should live it up.

That story about Kamron is crazy! I was just thinking about that because there wasw an article in the Liahona about the church progress in russia. I then thought about that movie that just came out about the two elders that were kidnapped in russia a while back. The world is crazy. Here in argentina everyone just robs when they are drunk and you can just walk away, bt there I think the minds are a little bit more crazy because of the way the government has treated them. I am glad everything was alright.

Tell violet and holly that I love them so much!!! And that I want a picture of the two cutest little girlies in their pajamas. Everyone freaks out when they see pictures of them because they are super cute!!! And there is a disney star here named "violetta" or violet in english. So they all tlove her.

No comments:

Post a Comment