Monday, March 24, 2014

March 24, 2014

"Dear President,
This week has been a fairly good week. We had another confirmation and we have a total of 7 new members and 3 new familes here in General Rodriguez. I am happy but not satisfied becdause a few of our people that were steadily progressing have fallen and I know there are more souls that need saved.
As I have reflected on this week, I have been able to recognize some of the things that I will be able to improve on. I am definitely not perfect and I have made errors but I am improving. I have made a lot of progress over these last couple transfers as District Leader and I have been able to help a lot of people in the process. Elder Magnesen is a completely different missionary than what he was the first two transfers of our time here in Rodriguez. As you can see, we are doing well here and I know that it is because of our desires. Elder Escobar as well is doing great. They have their hard moments at times but they get through them because they have been able to focus more on the people that they are learning to love.
Elder SepĂșlveda and I are doing well. He is a great Elder and an Incredible teacher. I have learned a lot from him and his ability to focus especially.
Elder Morgan and Elder Nacimento are also doing well. They have been improving each week and are getting better. They have a baptism for this weekend and they also have a possibility for 2. I did the Interview for Santiago and he is great. I talked with President Ramponi as well and we discussed a little bit about his situation. I think that from me to Elder Sturgell and to you his story might have been a little bit exhagerated. Either way, I trust you and your decision to have him wait 6 months but I think an interview from you might help to figure out better the datails of his situation.
I enjoyed your message in the Sol this week. As I was doing the interviews for all of the Baptisms that we had here, I really stressed the question about repentance because I feel as if that question is overlooked sometimes. I can honestly say that the families that were baptized here in Rodriguez really do understand Repentance and that we have been able to really fulfill our callings as agents of repentance. The thing that I have been focusing on this week really has been the statement, "we can only convert someone as much as we are converted." The same can be said for Repentance. We can only call people to repentace as much as WE have Repented. IF there is one thing that I have learned or one part of my testimony that really has strengthed throughout my mission it is the power of repentance. I have become more and more Bold in my teachings and in calling people to repentence.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to help people in the process of repentance. Seeing people in white as they are getting baptized is an incredible thing, but even more incredible than that is seeing people rely on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and Completely change their Lives. I love this work and Love the people that I work with."
There is my letter to president. 
We have had so much success here in the lst few weeks with a total of 7 baptisms and 3 new families that we have helped bring into the Gospel. IT really has been an incredible experience because I have been able to see incredible changes in the lives of the people. 
I have caught myself thinking about home a couple times over the past week or two but every time it was about the misisonary work that is happening there. We talked a little bit about how powerful returned missionaries are and that they are the leaders of the next generation. I didn´t get homesick, I only got a little excited to help in the Lords work back home with some friends that I know can and will change.
That is an exciting announcment that you guys are staying in for a couple more years because I was honestly a little bit worried about that. I wanted to be able to use the incredible blessings that our family has to be able to help in the lords work. 
A scripture that I wanted to share with you this week. Two actually. Both are found in D&C. 33:3 and 100: 1-2. This week we have David Vergara who is the son of the Branch president that just came home and he used 100: 1-2 in his homecoming to share how he found comfort while he was gone. Estrella Gomez is leaving this thursday on her mission and she shared the other scripture talking about how she was able to find that exactly when she needed help knowing whether she really ws needed or not. 
There are 5 returned missionaries here in the branch that I have seen come home and 2 that I have seen leave and I KNOW that the mission changes the lives of the youth. I know that you are all working hard with other people and with the missionary work but PLEASE do not forget the youth that are struggling right now (Kory, Jake, Colby, Caleb) whoever else it may be. I know that they are struggling a little bit with the decision to serve but just think, without out them as the misisonaries...there is no mission work.
I think about you guys often, as often as I should at least haha. And I know that the promise that is made in D&C 100 is so true. Trust in the promises that the lord makes. I remember a quote that Thomas S. Monson said, "The greatest thing that we can learn in this Life is that when God speaks and a man listens, that man will ALWAYS be right." 
The Chruch is True. The scriptures are Real. And God Lives and Loves all of us. Trust in him in Everything that you do and he will be there at all times. I love you all and miss you like crazy but know that the blessings are incredible that you are receiving! :)
I hope this makes up a little bit for the lost time. I will never ever forget about you even when I might not write you the best letters (or texts ;) haha) Don´t think about me too much. But it is ok to miss me a little bit.
Your Son Forever and Always,
Elder Zakariah Hazlett

No comments:

Post a Comment