Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28, 2014

This is what I sent to Libby haha. 

Hey hey hey! 
So I sent a message to my mom this morning and asked how she was doing and guess what she replied with.........Great, just sitting here talking to Andrew..... :( haha IT was rough, for like a second. Then I thought, Yeah...well I am sitting in a cruddy internet place surrounded by Argentines, eating rice for every meal, and loving every minute of it! There is a saying that all the elders use in spanish here about just about everything and it is this, "Vale la Pena" or "it is worth it" Sometimes I think to myselpf...man, this is flippin hard! I don´t like it" but then I think of that phrase. "Vale la Pena" 
As the river season is strarting I know that they are having a good time but that what we are doing is more important! Even if it isn´t as fun at times, God is shaping us into what he wants us to be. He is making us swim rapids so that we are humble enough to become the Guides of Salvation that we need to be! (I love river analogies) I have so much Respect and Love for this Gospel and for Jesus Christ that I always want to just give it my very best!
You are an Inspiration sister Baum, not just for me but for everyone! 
Light it up over there in Russia! And don´t think too much about summer ;) we´ve got other waters to get people into that aren´t the colorado haha


It is hard, but I know that it is worth it. I just feel bad sometimes when at the end of the week I feel like I didn´t gie it my all...So I am trying every week to give it my all and just WORK! IT is hard because the diligence is the hardest thing for me. I can be obedient, and I can be happy, but sometimes when there is an easy way out...I take it. MY natural man gets the best of me. I am trying to change that! And i AM changing that. Little by little.
The presidents wife Isabel showed me a picture of you as the witch and I was so happy! I want to hear you sing it if you can get me the audio. OR the Video as well would be sweet?

Taylors ward sounds like it is struggling even more than mine....too bad. I have a firm testimony that the Work will go on, and even when the work doesn´t look like it is going on on the outside, as we are diligent and obedient God will be working on us on the inside. I am 100% positive I will come home a changed person. I am going to be the same Zak that I was before but the new and improved version :)

This week was actually a SUPER hard week, but at the end I was still really happy because I learned a lot. Eva, who we were going to baptize didn´t feel good about her baptism because she was going against what her family wanted. She is 20 and is so great, but her family all just started going to an evangelical church and they think she should go there instead. They told her not to be baptized and she came to church crying because she felt so bad :( She still is going to be baptized, just in a little more time. Because of all the things her family said she started to have doubts...but she doesnp´t want to doubt. We shared with her MAtthew 10: 32-40 (if i remember right). It talks about how sometimes we have to go against our Fathers and mothers when we know it is right and we know it is what god wants. I Learned that we need to always work as hard as we can to try and help the whole family. They weren´t very receptve to us, so we ended up just teaching Eva, but now the family is like against it. IT is a trial, but it is Worth it because she is AWESOME and is going to be be such an awesome instrument in gods hands once she makes this covenant. 

This next weekend we are baptizing a family, and I am hoping that Eva gets baptized with them! IT is going to be such an wesome Weekend and I need to focus and Plan and be obedient so that God can do his part! 

I love all of you, I am so happy that I have been blessed with such an amazing family and I know that it is the greatest motivation that I have to know that I am going to Live with all of you Forever! Stay strong in the Faith because I don´t want to miss anyone for the eternities! 2 years is long enough to miss you ;) haha
With Love,
Elder Zakariah Hazlett

P.S...One of my converts is naming their new born son after me. Noah Zakariah Lucero. I told them that they didn´t have to, but they said that it is the least that they could do! I love it :) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment