Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12, 2014

These are my converts  


and our trip to the temple :)
The books are Triple combinations that I bought for each of them and signed them. The scriptures are super hard to find outside of the mission so they are like gold!
The Utah elders. We were all friends before the mission and we found ourselves here.

 and the Pink tie sunday!



Our Lunch of Tomales and me :) that is what you would have seen on skype haha
Hey President,
Thanks for the Sol message. I wasn`t able to talk to my family because there were a couple of familys from General rodriguez that were scheduled to talk earlier but their Elder or Hermana wasn`t on in time so I just gave them my skype and helped them figure out how to do it. Besides that, it was Alina Poma and her family is struggling a lot and for 2 hours earlier they were trying to get a hold of her but they couldn`t and she fnally logged on when it was my turn to skype. 
Her mom is realyl sick and struggled to get there and I thought to myself..."my family is doing well, I am doing well, I am not gonna lose anything if I don`t get to talk to my Mom but it is gonna make an incredible difference in their lives." I explained what happened this morning to my mom and she said that I made a good choice. 
I really like thinking about your message in the Sol. I have found myself in different times with different answers to why I am here. I KNOW that I am here for several reasons and one of them is inviting others to come unto Christ. I know that I am here top make personal changes as well and I have changed a lot. I have become more bold in inviting people to come unto christ and repent but I think the biggest change was inmy Love for the people. Also my patience. There are times where I just want to blow up on the people when they don`t follow through with commitments but i know that I can`t do that. Instead I have helped them to recognize that they did something bad and be able to repent for that thing. 
We were able to go to the temple this weekend and all 5 of those recent converts were able to go :) it was SOOO great. Thank you for letting us go. IT was an exxperience that helped to solidfy their testimonys. I know that the church is true and that sometimes it is difficult to see because there are days like yesterday where it rained for like the whole day and only 30 people came to the branch....I was upset, but it made me realize that this work is not a baptizm and done thing but a constant battle against the adversary to make and keep covenants with God. The converts were among those that came even though it was raining and muddy, and they came with their own willingness. 
The branch is kind of struggling right now and I don`t know what else to do other than help those that are firm to stay strong. 30 people in church is a disaster...but I was able to see who are the members that are truly converted. 
Elder Martinez is doing well. He keeps telling me that e is happy that he is ending his mission well. We have a couple that is getting married next month and getting baptized and that is what is keeping us going. We had a decent ppol of investigators this week (all juntados that we found so we couldn`t sack fechas) but the rain killed all of them. We went to their houses and they literally refused to come even after promising to us and to god in front of us that they would go. It was so hard for me because I was positive that they were all going to go.I had the hope at least :/ we have a solid week ahead of us and we are going to sacar turno with a couple more to get married so that we can help them progress. Elder Martinez is a little bit really trunky but he just coninues to do what I ask him. As long as he has a good comp he is willing to do whatever. it is just when he has a bad comp...it is terribkle.
Elder Morgan and Nacimento are struggling. Mostly just with dumb little stuff. Sickness, and stuff like that. I feel as if Elder Nacimento is a little bit like Elder Martinez in the fact that he just follows what the others do. He has no real desire lead but only to follow. I hope that they can figure something out because I have done what I can.
Elder Woods and Escobar are doing well but they struggle with the people. Elder Escobar honestly doesn`t do well with the people and he knows that. But it tests the patience of elder Woods. Elder woods told me that he feels as if every single person they visit just ends up being annoyed with them or mad at them. That is the reason they don`t really have anyone progressing. I think that Elder Woods is now knowing his area a ittle better, he is just always a little lost because Elder Escobar never really tells him what is going on and they don`t have the best communication. I am trying my best to help them to overcome their trials and help Elder Woods to know that this is going to help him and that he needs to be humble and learn from it.
I am trying my best to be the best Leader I can be. I am not perfect and I still have my weaknesses but I have been able to make a lot of changes as I have been able to learn from all the experiences that come in the mission. I look forward to more changing experiences. Thanks for everyting President, Love ya!
Elder Hazlett





Year mark wrioting in my journal

 turtle we found

digging a 12 foot sewage hole

 and my first companion elder ticino right before he went home.

DAvid who spoke to emily

temple we made out of cards and a cracker to make the angel moroni 

 eva the 20 year old that I was talking about. she is awesome!!!

missionaries that are here with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment