Monday, May 19, 2014

May 19, 2014

What a WEEK! 
MAn, this week was crazy. Monday flew by super fast. I don´t even remember what happened...Then tuesday we had a district meeting and I went on divisions with one of the Elders in my district and it was interesting. Seeing a different style of working was good. I can always learn a lotl While on divisions, we found a new family. They are a young couple who live very humbly and don´t have anything. IT was kind of an eye opener to how much of a difference we can make in someones life just by taking some time to listen. That is my topic of todays email. How important it is to just listen in this life.
I think back to when I was in school and the amount of times that I missed out on due dates or test answers simply because I wan´t listening as well as I should have been. Later on in life, the smae situations happen except for in work or the mission. I saw in that family as we listened, a complete change in her attitude because for the first time in who knows how long...someone really listened to her. 
That doesn´t mean that we should remain silent at all times but that we should listen withour hearts and respond with that same love a care. No one wants a friend that just always talks and talks and talks. They want a friend that listens and than says what they need to hear.
To those of you who are misisonaries. if you are struggling to know what your investigators need, focus this week on really listening with your heart. You will find it as long as you are worthy of the spirit.

I have been here in this are more than half of my mission (9 months) and I feel as if I just just move my records here. I have more time in this area than I have put together in my other 2 areas and also more than I have left in the mission. Time flies and it is so hard to watch it go. I lvoe this branch and I have been here through the ups and downs and have seen it grow! I love the church and know that even though it may not have a parking lot or an indoor gym..it carries the name "La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días" It is the same church with the same goal and the same doctrine. The same blessings to those who live it, and the same consequences for those who don´t accept it. If there is one thing that I am certain about in my life, it is that I know that this gospel blesses the familes and that it is the only way that a family can have the Peace that they are looking for and that their family can be eternal.
I love you!

~Elder Hazlett
Mom, if you can think of anyone that might be struggling right now, please can you give me their emails. I might be far, but a testimony of a friend from far away is felt even stronger than close-by. :) 

Lunch


Little girls playing "Beach" because it is a dream to go to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment