Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014

Our mission president leaves this saturday and it is SUPER SAD! We had a transfer meeting that I will never forget.

I don`t have a lot of time because I wrote a long letter to president because it is his last letter but I took out a part to share with you about the miracles that we have seen.

We have been extremely blessed this month in Aldo Bonzi with a lot of success and I know that is how it always should be! This zone is AWESOME and it has GREAT missionaries in it. They have all seen miracles in their misisons and have had success at one point in time, but they are quick to lose that Faith. We had a few miracles that happened yesterday that helped me to know that what I am doing here isn`t just inviting people to church but really Saving Souls! As we were going to find people in the morning to go to church, I was praying in my Heart the WHOLE time that we could have people because no one answered their phones...as we were walking, we passed by a man that was knocking on a door and we thought he looked familiar. We turned around and saw that it was Henry, one of the most Capo investigators that I have ever met. We had met him one time and he came to church walking like 15 blocks by himself. Then this week, he worked all saturday night and came straight from work, to a friends house to invite him to church, and then he went to all 3 hours of church without sleeping at all the night before. He made it to church and is incredibly excited to keep going, and this week he is going to brign his wife. Later that morning, we had the opportunity to confirm a family members of the church and they were able to receive the Holy Ghost. That night, Elder Flores and I were on divisions and we knocked on doors and talked to everyone to be able to find some new people. WE working until the last minute and we knocked on a door looking for a man named Luis who was a name that we had received from a random neighbor who wanted us to leave. We were able to sit down and talk with him and his wife and 2 of the sons that were there. We were so happy to have found a family. But it gets better! WE taught the the Gospel of Jesus Christ and when we got to baptism, we invited them all to be baptized. They all accepted and said that they would do it, but Luis said that he was already baptized. That 40 years ago he was baptized in Bolivia by the Elders and then he moved here and never went ever again. They have 5 kids and are excited to go to church and be baptized. I don`t think I have ever been a lot happier than I was as we left that lesson. I am pretty sure that I told the family that I jsut felt like dancing because I was so happy to have found their family. 

I lvoe you and look forward to hearing from you next week! 

Oh!!!! And Elder Berrett went home for an operation and is coming back in a little bit and you can send some stuff with him :) (Fanny Pack) that would be awesome!!
the first one is one I took today so you remember what I look like. 

The second is our Zone Logo. We are the Zone ALDO BONZI and we have the only temple in argentina in our zone!


And the last one is of our baptism :) it was a great sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment