Monday, July 14, 2014

July 14, 2014

IT was NUTS here, but they lost, so it is over now. but just a imagine. IT is the ONLY sport that they all play and everyone can particapate. 
it is hard to imagine. you just have to kind of do it. IT reminded me of when the football team took state a few years back. but ALL of argentina was like that haha.

Sounds about right. I am sick of alcohol. The area I am in right now is crazy for alcohol. Even the woment get drunk with the men. And it isn`t jsut the weekend, but every night. I am so grateful for the gospel and being able to live it and receive that blessings.

In the misison right now, there is a new focus. We were really focused on baptisms and finding new families to teach. Now, because of the lack of strentgh in the church here in argentina, we are focused on reactivation and retention. The lords work is still hastening and the baptisms will come, but I have been able to see a lot of joy in helping families come back to the church. Also, working with the new converts has brought a lot of people to the church. I am excited to apply these new focuses and work hard to remind the less active members of the the spirit and truth that they once felt, even though they may not feel it now. 

Eli sounds like he is mellowing out a lot. I am excited to meet him again and help him know what not to do based on what I would have done different. First, I am gonna help him know the importance of knowing the scriptures. With knowledge comes testimony and confidence in the gospel. Also, I am gonna tell him to stay away from girls. We have had a few missionaries get sent home these last few months because of problems...it is hard because after doing divisions with them and getting to know them, and finding out the real reason why they are struggling...it is really hard knowing that they might not be here much longer. But I know that it is what they need. Also, he needs to focus on 1 sport if he wants to do it. I have kind of given up a little hope...(not everything) but if not than I am gonna make him Jimmer 2 ;) haha

I am loving what I am doing and even though I miss you all a ton, I have been able to make soooo many changes here that I know I wouldn`t have been able to make if I was home. 

My invitation to you for this week, is to make the extra effort to visit a couple less active people. Make them some cookies or something and just see how you can help them. I know it is easier to say as a full time misisonary, but I know that it is possible. IF the poor families here that live in cement 8x8 rooms with no electricity and that work from 8 in the mornign to 8 at night can make time to go visit those in "Need" then we can do it a whole lot easier. Sacrifices bring forth blessings. 

I know that the church is true. I Love to live it, and I live to love it. I know that Anyone that has faith and hope will have waht they need to be happy in life. just remember that. Faith is knowing that God CAN. Hope is knowing that God WILL.
I love you.

Elder Hazlett

No comments:

Post a Comment