Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014

This week was a very special week for me. We had divisions. We had struggles. We had ups and we had downs, but the ups defenitely outnumbered the downs. As I sat in the sacrament meeting singing the opening hymn, I was looking around at who was in the sacrament meeting. We had an incredible amount of people and we set the record for the ward in the last while with 86 people. However, the most amazing part of that 86 was that 10 of them were recent converts, 9 of them were investigators, and about 8 more were less-actives that we had visited during the week and helped them to re-kindle a flame that had been lost for a year or more with some of them. As I continued to sing the song, I was filled with the joy of knowing that God LOVES each and everyone of us, and it is our responsibility to show that love. That same sunday morning we had the opportunity to be a part of the confirmation of a family that was baptized on saturday, and also we were able to take part in giving the Priesthood to 2 of our converts in the last couple months. I think I can honestly say that even though I was super tired, and our week was pretty hard, and there were quite a few crazy things that we had to deal with...that it was the best sunday that I have had in my entire mission because I could take a step back and just see how many miracles God has brought to pass in our little ward. I know that the lord k ows and keeps track of every single one of his children.

Our ward is finally starting to click. The missionaries over the last year or so have been excellent and they have had converts, but the ward has not been very strong so the retention has not been outstanding. We are going to really focus on helping the members to undertsand their role in this work because it really is hastening, and we cannot do it alone. 

In the Zone, everyone is "ok". I think the changes have been a little bit stressful for some, but they are doing better and I know that todays message in the Sol will help them to understand what they need to do to acheive their personal 100%. That has been a focus that we have been talking about. Helping everyone to acheive what they are able to acheive. We talked a little bit already in your office about the struggles that are happening, and I am going to take your advice and talk about what we are going to do and most importantly, go to it in prayer and Fasting to e able to know what to do. I am excited to help each missionary because a "True Convert and a Great Leader".

I am loving the vision that is being seen by all at this moment in the mission. I know that the new missionaries that are coming are going to be able to start strong with a focus on "The work of Salvation" and not just Baptize, baptize, baptize. You have no Idea how excited I am for the new recruits that are coming in. I got here a year ago exactly and I remember how much of an impact those first few weeks went and also how big of an impact my first Leaders had on my mission. I hope that I can be that type of an example for those new missionaries and that I can do and give me best effort in order to help them all achieve their potential. 

Thanks for everything and mostly for being worthy to receive revelation for this mission. I love working together with the group of missionaries that we have and I look forward to the rest of my time here as another opportunity to learn and grow.
Have a great week and see you on Friday!
And their son Dallas. He is 15 and a stud.


mission president and his wife. When they first got here all the leaders gave him a tie to welcome him and a bracelet for her. 


my vision for the rest of my misison 
We had a zone activity and these our my missionaries ;) they are awesome! 

Also, a member cut open his leg and bled everywhere at the temple.....long story, but we did service and cleaned blood off the sidewalk outside the temple. IT was a good feeling.

and the convert that cut his leg open at the temple. we didn`t want him to faint..

And our converts at the temple. We basically work all with YSA. It is great. 

The family we just baptized. One daughter was baptized 2 weeks ago, now the other two kids, and the parents are waiting to get married.


the family that got baptized and what we ate with them on sunday ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment