Monday, August 11, 2014

August 11,2014

This week was pretty crazy!

It was the last week before transfers. We are receiving a ton of new misisonaries in the mission this wednesday and it is gonna be awesome. 

Miracle of the Week.
We were looking for a guy named "jesus" which is a typical spanish name and we ended up finding a lady near his house and we asked her if she knew him. She said no...but that she knew someone that was looking for us. She said she just moved here from Peru and her daighters were baptized there and were looking for the church. We talked to them and arranged plans so that they could get there. 
As we left, another older lady called our name and asked if we knew someone who was looking to rent an apartment. we said no, but that we would be looking. We then started talking and figured out that she was baptized almost 40 years ago in Paraguay. WE are going to visit her this nect week. 
We were able to find a bunch of less actives and help them come back to church after a long time!

Crazy thing.
Yesterday after church, we went out to visit people and literally 90 percent of the people were drunk and falling over....it was super sad. One guy that was in the church 2 weeks ago was in the street with a giant cut on his head....he didn`t even recopgnice us because he was so drunk. I think it was some kind of party or something but even the women were all drunk. (it is hard to understand or imagine that happening where we livem but here in this part of argentina they are all bolivians and it is tradition to drink)

Amazing Experience
The Temple!!!!!!! We took a family and 4 recent converts to the temple, saw a family that got baptized a year ago get sealed in the temple, and I got to see Eva and some of the other converts that i had in General Rodriguez (my last area). IT was so awesome and such a blessing.

What I learned;
That revelation and Discernment are very interesting study topics and neccesary in personal conversion! I suggest that everyone studies then both in true to the faith and applies the steps given. Personal Revelation is necessary for conversion and vital for salvation. 

I am loving it here even though it is the Hardest thing I have ever done. I love helping people and seeing them change their lives. I love seeing miracles and knowing that I was in the right place at the right time to be able to witness them. I know this church is true!

--

~Elder Hazlett
  Don`t know if you recognize them but they are some of my converts from my last area that I ran into in the temple!!!! Such a great feeling! :D
 The family that got baptized a little while ago, and elvis, and silvia.
A pretty picture of the temple
 I was able to jump on the bus and take a picture of eva, malena, and dalia (converts) from my lasty area as they left the temple.
us 4 elders celebrating the end of a good week saturday after a baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment