Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25, 2014

I sent a voice recording, so that has the majority. But I wanted to at least write something for tçeveryone else to read. I am doing great. Just keepin on keepin on and finding more people to help. We have abaptism this next weekend for my friend Gonzalo. he is 22 and we are best friends. He left all his other friends because they were bad iunfluences. He is a champ. 

I was also able to teach the Gospel Principals class about misison work. IT was an awesome class and we had 15 people that were all eaither investigators or recent converts. The spirit was so strong and the best part is that everyone left the class, not so much with a great knowledge of missionary work, but a grand testimony of the importance of it. 

WE were able to see a couple of miracles this week that really helped us to keep the faith alive. There was a baptism and the man who baptized the investigator was a recent convert that I was able to interview for his baptism. AS everyone was waiting for us to get the baptismal font door open, they were inside already in the water. The key we had was a copy and didn`t work very well...we were trying for about 3 minutes straight to get the door open and we didn`t really see a lot of progress. WE were afraid that it wasn`t goping to open. Fianlly we were able to open it and Matias then continued with the ordinance and as he left the font his eyes were full of tears. I asked him what happened and he told me what they were doing to get the door open on the other side. That whole time on the other side of the door Matias (the one baptizing) and Pablo (an Investigator) were saying a prayer. As they finished their prayer and said AMEN, there was a click....the door opened. He said that it was one of the most amazing miracles that he had ever witnessed. It was the first person he had ever baptized and I know it will be something that he will remember forever. I gave him a big hug and he just hugged me and thanked me for being a part of the biggest change he has made in his life.


I love the mission! IT is so dang hard sometimes, and sometimes I feel like I am not able to do a whole lot, but when I think back on the things that I have been able to do and the change I have been able to make...that is when I rememebr that it is all worth it."The Church is True, The sky is Blue, and Complaiining...we ain`t got no time for that!! Go forward with faith and leave the complaining to those who don`t beleive in the Atonement.

I lvoe you and hope you have an amazing week! KEep me updated with more pics. They are almsot even better than words :)
~Elder Hazlett

Our Zone Activity and the giant pan of Arroz Chaufa that we made. (fried Rice)


No comments:

Post a Comment