Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014

Thanks for keeping me going. The emails always give me another boost. This last week was a little bit hard but I did my very best to keep on keeping on so that we could finish strong.
There is a struggle that I think every missionary faces on their mission as far as realing understanding and fulfilling their purpose. It can be preached and lectured a million times that one should lose themselves in the work in order to find themselves in the mission, not just in the mission field but 100% focused in the mission. There are so many opportunities that await us here as we learn to dedicate our whole Heart, might, mind, and strength to the service of the Lord. As a friend told me one time when I was struggling, "these 2 years are the greatest and most important 2 years that you will ever have in your entire life to be in tune with the spirit and make the changes neccesary to fulfill your purpose" Our purpose is to prepare ouselves to meet God, and there is no other better way to do that than helping others make choices that effect their eternal salvation. 
I have been trying really hard to focus on that because my A.D.D. is pretty annoying at times and it is so hard to focus...but there is no greater motive to change than having the lives of so many people in your hands.
This last week we had the great priviledge of having a baptism and seeing a family Happier than ever because of the Decisions that they had made. I have grown to Love this family so much and knowing that I was the Intrument in the hands of God that was able to bring that Joy to a family that was in so much need of the Gospel is just incredible! 
I hope everyone is doing so well back home or wherever they are and that they are trying their hardest to LIVE the gospel of Jesus Christ and not just be a member. I know that as a person lives the teachings and acts according to those teachings, that is when they truly are entitled to the blessings that it holds.

"Hay que hacerlo no mas" 

With Love from Argentina,
Elder Hazlett


No comments:

Post a Comment