Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014

So many crazy things happening always. It is so weird to think how fast the time really does fly...I remember when I was passing the sacrament for the first time. Then Blessing it, then Going to College, then on a mission, and now I have a little more than a year left until I am home. The time has passed incredibly fast but the experiences that I have had and the things that I have learned have been innumerable. One thing that I have learned is how amazing our family really is. I took it a bit for granted but now I am so humbled and feel so lucky to have the family I do. We have just about every single member of a family active in the Chruch (cousins on both sides and grandparents) and so many great examples to look up to. I didn´t realize how great of an environment I had to grow up in until now. I talk to other missionaries and the tell me what their home life was like and the struggles they had and I just think to myself...Man, I had it good. When tell them that my mom is my best friend and that My dad is who I want to be when I grow up, they all kinda laugh at me and say how cliche it is, but I am 100 percent serious when I say that. My comp right now told me that I am gonna marry someone just like you and teach school and run the river company just like you guys. I think to myself, I wouldn´t be happier. haha I think the Love that I have learned on my mission and the importance of the family has been the biggest blessing. I am able to see people for you they really are and to love them despite their weaknesses. Just Like one does with family. 
This last week, well the first week of this new year has been one of the best weeks of my life. We had 7 investigators in Chruch, and one of them (sara) asked me to bless her baby for her. IT was an icredible testimony meeting and we broke the record of attendance because of all the less active families that we are helping out. We witnessed miracles as people chagned their lives, dropped habits and addictions, to finally come unto their Lord Jesus Christ and reap the blessings that had been awaiting them. 
I have been tired, kind of sick, with moments of every day where I feel like I can´t do it, but the Love that I have developed for the people here has kept me going. The motivation that I have because of that will never lose its power. And just as important, the Love that I have for my family back home, and the family that I will have after. Knowing that the experiences and trials that I face here are only preparing me for what I have coming. I love this Gospel, I love my Family both here in Argentina and Escpecially back home. And I love everything that I have learned over these passed 11 months!
In the words of a good friend mr Bigweld, "Keep moving Forward". This life is eternal progression not just eternal perfection. everyday changing something until one day we will finally be perfected!
Love you!

Elder Hazlett

No comments:

Post a Comment